Thursday, January 10, 2008

Oh my gosh!!

Lots happened yesterday! We received our USCIS approval, and the HK orphanage thinks it would be in Zechariah's best interest if we travelled to HK to pick him up! So, we're going to Hong Kong!! How exciting!! I have to admit, I am a little scared but the excitement of getting Zech out weighs it by far!! He has been with his foster family for over 2 years, so they want the foster mother to "hand" him to us. Plus, we will have time to visit with him a couple days so he can get use to us. I think I have so many questions to ask when I get there, but every time I start to write them down, I go blank. Still don't know the date, but now we have to go get passports. Also, our official match date is Dec. 21, 2007. That's one less week to wait! Keep praying! Thanks, Rhonda.

2 comments:

stevepatg said...

Hi, I came across your blog and am so excited to see Zechariah has a family!!! We actually inquired about him last year, but in doing so found that the agency would have been a hard match for us due to location and distance to travel for homestudy. We came to realize that he wasn't meant for us, but he was a catalyst to get us going on our adoption journey! We are now in process to bring home 13 year old Katie Chao Yan from Yangzhou, China, and are waiting for travel approval! She'll be our 5th child (3rd adoption), and she has missing fingers on one hand. We can't wait to have her home!

Best of luck to you on your adoption--Zechariah is a real heart melter!

liesel said...

How exciting!