Sunday, December 13, 2009

We are on our Way!!

Well, I tried to update the blog the other day, typed a whole bunch, then it wouldn't post and I lost it all! Lets try again. Zech and I are at the Ronald McDonald House in Cincinnati, OH while he is seeing some doc's at the Children's Hospital. Lots of tests, probing and proding, cries and laughs. We have been here a week, and at least another week to go. All that said, we did get wonderful news Friday. With one more surgery on his intestines, Zech should be functioning properly ALL BY HIMSELF!! So excited!! We went and bought some "BIG" Boy undies the other day...SpongeBob of course! If they can get us on the schedule we will have the surgery while we are here, if not, it will be the first of February. During that time, he will also have a hernia repair.

This next week will entail x-rays every day, going to the endocrinologist, ultrasounds, and going to the urologist. Zech also has to have a surgery on his urinary system, and I'm hoping to be able to do that along with the intestinal surgery. If not, that will be a couple more trips up here.

I know it probably sounds like a lot in black and white, but Zech is really doing well!!

Tom was able to stay with us this weekend. Zech was SOoooo excited!! (I think Tom was too!)

I don't believe I've ever stayed away from home this long, I miss my girls!! They're both so independent, they probably don't even realize I'm gone (though they miss Zech!)

Well, going to wind down for the night....take care!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great info!!

endocrinologist doctor said...

I wish speedy recovery for Zech. I suggest to consult the best endocrinologist to get better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda,
Hi this is Lynn, who you met in the cafeteria at the hospital...hope you are doing well and i'll try to give you a call before you leave. It was so nice to talk to you and meet Zech.
Lynn
Mom to Annika and 4 more

OMDS said...

Good to see you. Get well soon Zech. Looking forward to hear from you people.

Unknown said...

I hope Zech is alright now. I use the chi machine twice a day and I like the effects. Give it a try today.