Friday, May 15, 2009

How things change!!!

Okay, what's been going on with us? Well...a couple weeks ago we were asked if Zech needed a brother...that has a sister. This request came from a relative by marriage whose sister has custody of her 3 yr old grandson and 1 yr old granddaughter. She has been diagnosed with a terminally ill disease. Well, we prayed about it. Talked about it. Asked people for advice, and decided that this was the right thing to do and so, we will do it. We were suppose to pick them up today, but the people who are helping take care of them now are having a really hard time, they asked for one more week. We totally put this in God's hands, so what will be, will be. If God chooses for us to have 2 more children, then we become a family of 7! If he chooses for this to be a time that we help 2 children while their mother gets help, then we will stay a family of 5, but will have been blessed by helping. Sorry to keep everyone wondering, but we have had LOTS to be doing trying to get ready! Oh, I also wanted to note that I spoke with the school and our SW for Zech, and all parties agree that it would benefit Zech. I think they think he might be getting a little too spoiled :)............no way ;) ! So, I can't believe how much my life has changed in 1 year!! Life is Good!

5 comments:

Charissa said...

Wow, amazing!! I know you can do it.

junglemama said...

How are things going?

Chris and Sarah said...

Wow, I can't wait to hear what happens.

Erin said...

Hi Rhonda,

Your posts are so entertaining! My name is Erin, and I am a college student with mild cerebral palsy. I’m a special education major and have hopes of becoming a disability services director of a university after graduate school. I have just launched a blog that is still getting started, but with the title “Empowering People and Changing Lives,” I hope that it will provide a wealth of resources for people who care for children, specifically those who are affected by disability. I will also be chronicling some personal experiences and will be sharing some thoughts about those along the way. Your blog has also been included in my blogroll, so I hope that together, we are able to collaborate to provide resources to those who are in similar situations. The blog’s address is http://empowerpeoplechangelives.blogspot.com. From there, you will be able to read the posts I have written, find out all about me, check out my blogroll, eventually look at many resources I have gathered, and contact me.

Look forward to reading many more of your posts! Happy blogging!

Rita Andrews said...

well did you end up getting the two children? I think of yall often


Rita