Friday, December 12, 2008

Adoption Final!!!!

Well, today was the big day! Our adoption became final at about 9:30 this morning. Megan, Macey, Brad, and Lisa (the SW) were at the courthouse. What a wonderful moment! We went to dinner tonight and celebrated. Zech still isn't feeling wonderful since the surgery. I thought I would notice a big difference with his hearing, but I'm not sure that I am. I really don't know what I was expecting. I guess he wouldn't immediately start talking english. In time. I know he still has a lot of fluid (I can hear it in his throat). He needs to be drinking more water, but he doesn't like drinking right now. Tomorrow is the Christmas parade. Tom's band will be playing at the coffee shop afterwards. I hope Zech is feeling good.
Well, just wanted to share the good news. I will probably change my blog address at some point since our adoption journey has ended today. I can remember reading other people's blogs a year ago, thinking "I will never get to that point", "will he ever be home", "Is all this just a dream". Well, here I am now, with my precious son!!Wondering, how in the world have I lived without him. The judge said today, "you know this is for a long time, until he is 18 or 21 he will be your son." I thought that odd, and told him he will be our son even when he is 50, he will be our son forever! Isn't it funny how someone 10,000 miles away, born a different race, by people you've never met or dreamed of meeting, can totally, 100 percent, be really meant for your family? Really meant to be your child. Isn't God amazing?!

No comments: