Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Baby Girl.....

Well, my baby girl is engaged!!! Her boyfriend asked her to marry him Tuesday. We knew it was coming, he asked Tom and then myself before he asked her. He's a really great guy, and though I will greatly miss her, I know she will be very happy....I've never seen anyone's eyes light up as hers do when he walks in the room or even if they spent all day together, then he calls her. They really do love each other! It's going to be next year sometime, so I still have a lot of time with her. Zech will be the ring barer! How cute will that be?!
Zech has been doing great! We had the IEP meeting at the school this week. It went very well. Zech will now be receiving one on one speech therapy once a week plus two group sessions.
The room where he receives physical and occupational therapy is bigger than I originally thought. It just needs to be brighten up, which I volunteered to paint, but it will have to wait until summer.
I also stressed my concerns of not teaching Zech based on his lable of Down Syndrome, I said he is an individual and HIS needs are to be looked at and focused on, I don't want any assumptions(I've heard so many....and they totally don't apply to Zech).
He has come such a long way! He can count and say his numbers. He knows his colors and how to say them. He can identify letters. He can blow (and he did a great job blowing his candle out on his birthday).
All is good!!!
I haven't posted pictures lately, I have to "find" my cord. I really haven't looked a lot, I just think it will pop up somewhere..
Until next time....................