Thursday, January 8, 2009

Update on our family

I've got pictures to post later. Right now I am waiting for a call from the doctor's office about some blood work on Zech. Right now he has a staph infection on his face. He looks horrible, but is acting fine. It's all over the left side of his face and goes behind the ear and up in his hairline. We got our final adoption papers in the mail today, so I need to go change his social security number(it is currently under his biological mother's name. He started school this week (won't be going today or tomorrow). He wasn't too happy about that. He loves being home. This past Saturday, we took him to my nephew's birthday party at Bounce Zone(has a bunch of bounce houses). He's been before, but this time he could actually do a lot by himself. He was climbing and sliding, having a ball!! Logging is still going on here, when it's not raining, we are finally able to start paying some bills off(praise the Lord!!)
This weekend I want to get some ground ready for a garden....I know, like I need more on my plate(no pun intended). We are really trying to be more self reliant(the start was with our new wood furnace). We also want to be healthier...thus it will be an organic garden. I got a heavy duty nut cracker yesterday. I've been cracking some pecans a friend picked up from his yard. I had just found out that you can actually can nuts. We use so many in baking, I thought this would help save some money.
Well, I will keep you posted on Zech's blood work.....please keep him in your prayers!

No comments: