Saturday, January 31, 2009

Vanderbilt

Well, Tom and I adventured to Vanderbilt with Zechariah for some more tests concerning his intestines. Everything is structuraly okay; however, he is totally filled, top to bottom, with...well...stuff. We are on another clean-out program (totally not fun!), but hopefully this will do the trick. Once again, he was the hit of the hospital, he just brightens every room he enters! We went to dinner tonight with some friends, and they said exactly what I was thinking, he brightens a room, and more importantly, my life!!!

Still trying to get things settled with insurance. Everyone keeps pushing the disability card...meaning I have to apply for all these things just to get a good insurance that I want to pay for! Now, even though the adoption is final, I have to prove he is a US citizen. For $500 that won't be a problem, it may take 3 months, but I can do it....crazy?! I was told I can get a passport and that should work, so Monday, we will be getting Zechariah a passport.

Macey is back in school and still working. Doing well I might add.

Megan is working hard at the Coffee Shop. Things have been extremely slow....I guess the economy is starting to hit us. On our 2nd floor, we've opened the "2nd Story Bookstore" (a used book store)...my very creative Aunt Gina thought of the name...love the pun!!!

Tom, well he (and Zech) have been working wood. Trying to get enough for our furnace to get us through the winter. I'll tell you one thing, trying to live as an agrarian is pretty tough(please note no political opinion is to be tied to that lifestyle, just trying to save money and be healthier!)

Well, that's it in a nutshell (pretty big nut).....

Until next time!!

No comments: